Gluten-Free Black Bean Burger
October 19, 2017
The antioxidants, fiber, protein, and carbohydrates in legumes make a black bean burger a nutritionally powerful dinner.
A diet rich in beans can reduce your risk of several serious medical conditions and help your body to process calories more effectively. They are versatile, cholesterol free, high in fiber (15 grams per cooked cup), rich in protein (15.24 grams per cooked cup) and low in fat (less than a gram a fat per cooked cup).
If you are looking to pull back on red meat, a hearty, homemade black bean burger is a good option for Meatless Monday.
Black Bean Burgers
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs (I used 2 pulverized gluten-free Suzie’s Brand rice thins)
- ½ cup all purpose #glutenfree flour
- ¼ cup romano cheese
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup spinach per person
- Drizzle EVOO
- Squeeze of lime (to taste)
- Dash of @traderjoes everything but the elote
- Add all pesto ingredients to food processor until combined. Set mixture aside in
refrigerator while cooking.
- Add all burger ingredients into food processor until fully mixed
- Add oil to pan, use medium heat. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to measure burger patty.
- Place measured portion in oil. Flatten with wooden spoon to shape patty. Cook for 2-3 min and flip. Cook for 2-3 more min.
- Set completed patties aside on a plate.
- Toss all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Place spinach salad on a gluten-free bun, top with patty, and add a dollop of pesto or guacamole.
Post Views: 834
Recovering fashion blogger and Founder of NYC-based creative consultancy, Hashtag Lifestyle.