After a long work week there is nothing like placing your favorite sushi order for delivery and turning on the Netflix to chill out. To make the at-home experience a little more fancy, make a sake cocktail while you wait. Using the brewed rice beverage in your drink will get you in the japanese spirit.
A little secret about sake is that the cheaper varietals are often warmed to disguise its low grade, and premium sake is served chilled. In case you were wondering if you needed to prepare for this.
Cherry Blossom Sake Cocktail (Serves 1)
2 parts Gluten-Free Yuzu-Flavored Sake
½ part Sugar-Free Cherry Cordial
½ part Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
2 + 2 dashes lavender bitters
½ part lemon juice
1-3 parts seltzer to taste
Edible Orchid, Lavender Branch, or other edible flower for garnish
- Cocktails shaker
- Rocks Glass filled with crushed ice
- Measure all ingredients into cocktails shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat.
- Strain into prepared glass.
- Float two more dashes of bitters on top.
- Place flower on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Created by: Nick Mautone
Recovering fashion blogger and Founder of NYC-based creative consultancy, Hashtag Lifestyle.