Negotiation is a method by which people settle differences. It is a process by which compromise or agreement is reached while avoiding argument and dispute. The Essential Negotiation Books for Women are amongst the inspiring books that will help you get the biggest slice of pie – because that’s what it’s really all about. At least what they told me in the class I took at Yale during quarantine, Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator.
In any disagreement, individuals understandably aim to achieve the best possible outcome for their position (or perhaps an organization they represent). However, the real keys to a successful outcome are fairness, mutual benefit, and maintaining a relationship once the negotiation is settled.
These are the 7 essential negotiation books for women in business. Study up before your next big meeting. You never know what you could get!
- Ask For It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever
- Women Don’t Ask: The High Cost of Avoiding Negotiation and Positive Strategies for Change by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever
- Negotiating Rationally by Max H. Bazerman and Margaret A. Neale
- Negotiation Genius: How to Overcome Obstacles and Achieve Brilliant Results at the Bargaining Table and Beyond by Deepak Malhotra and Max Bazerman
- Negotiate This!: By Caring, But Not T-H-A-T Much by Herb Cohen
- You Can Negotiate Anything: The World’s Best Negotiator Tells You How To Get What You Want by Herb Cohen
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher, William Ury, and Bruce Patton
Recovering fashion blogger and Founder of NYC-based creative consultancy, Hashtag Lifestyle.